View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 04:18 AM   #25
john charlton

Default Re: Can't separate axle shaft from carrier

Hi Daniel .You cannot repair the carrier you have it would cause the spider gears to be misaligned to the axle gear which will damage the axle . The carrier halves are not "matched" like the ring and pinion gear and are listed separately in the English Ford Parts list (July 1st 1931) so you just need A-4205-B which is the left gear case . Luckily I do have one here in good condition it came out of an axle where the other side the roller bearing area was damaged and not worth fixing . The area where the spider gear run are slightly worn so when matched with your right side there could be a slight "step" where the outside of the spider gear rubs but they will soon lap in so I dont think this would be a problem . My son will post a pic of what I have .I do not have a spare complete carrier as I still have 4 more axles to build for future projects if I live long enough !!! 81 years old on Saturday . Use your new axles I do have good used but no guarantee of course and I would have to ship mine to you anyway . Let me know if you want this left carrier .

John in sunny Suffolk County England .

Last edited by john charlton; 06-02-2020 at 07:20 AM.
john charlton is offline   Reply With Quote