View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #20
History

Default Re: Failing gas tank sealant

Brent, I sent you a pm. Not trying to harass you, just want to make sure you did receive it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Wow, I appreciate that referral however I need to make this public and this is probably the best place to start.

Yesterday we shipped 6 restored tanks back to their owners, -and we probably have that many left to do and once those are completed then I am going to quit offering this service. The reason is a simple but very stressful one for me. This service has grown to where it has become overwhelming for us in that we are already overbooked in the shop with other restoration work, and the amount of tanks that people want to send just keeps growing.

In the perfect world, I would like to find someone already in the Model-A hobby that we can just pass the torch on to them and let them start doing this as a cottage industry to possibly help subsidize their hobby -or maybe a sideline business. I would like to pass on the info I/we have learned in restoring these, and assist whomever in learning this where they can help others out there. I probably won't sell any of our fixtures and equipment as we will still restore tanks for vehicles we are restoring, but if someone else is interested in taking this on, please send me a PM.
History is offline   Reply With Quote