View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 03:17 PM   #8
James Rogers

Default Re: Nightmare Engine Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Tudor View Post
I guess I am now concerned about the thickness of the cast under the seat and how tight they are. These are 3/32 seats and are small so I am considering pulling them out and checking for debris, the fit, then rolling the edge and peening them in.
I have done many valve jobs but at this point don't want any more surprises,
the place that will line bore the block will do the seats again, but only by making them larger.
To me that is out of the question if there is any other way.(I've been reading too much fordbarn,is that possible!)
I can make a tool that will pull them straight up and out then reinstall and peen.
I am confident that I can pull that off. And the question of valve seat adhesive, can it later deteriorate and leave things loose. And exactly what brand,,, many shops don't use any.

Am I out of my mind or what! Don't ask the wife!
If you pull these out, you will never get them to go back in and stay. If you are worried about them coming out now, I grant you they will if you try to re-use them. I never replace the seats and don't ever recommend that they are unless I can't talk the customer out of it or the original seats are just beat to death.
James Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote