View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 02:14 PM   #3
denniskliesen

Default Re: Nightmare Engine Rebuild

I had a similar experience with a transmission of a different brand pickup. Took it to a vendor that was supposed to be the experts on transmissions of that era. Yeah the recommendation was from one guy that was recommended by another guy. I would have done the work myself had I been able to locate the parts at the time. It was a nightmare to say the least and after weeks of waiting and finally getting them to stop telling me lies i was able to find parts at the other end of the USA NOS and led the rebuilder to them. Enough of that. So from that experience I now only use nationally advertising vendors and recommendations from reliable sources. I trust most of the posters here at Ford Barn if or when they say don't use them or yes they are dependable.

I too have learned something about Model A valve seats and when I rebuilt my engine thought at the time to myself this must be some tough block if it were built without replaceable seats. None were burnt or pitted and I just figured lap the new updated valves and give it a try. So far after at least 500 miles I have good exactly the same compression in all 4 cylinders.

I would get your engine to a reputable vendor and have it fixed. After your experience about this guy I wouldn't be one bit shy about asking several vendors names, some you have read about and throw the guy you used in there. Bad experiences need to be shared as well quality workmanship from vendors that know they must do quality work if they are going to stay in business.

Posting pictures to show help. Add a location to your profile you are in so other people can help you find vendors nearby.

Last edited by denniskliesen; 04-03-2017 at 02:19 PM.
denniskliesen is offline   Reply With Quote