View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 08:11 PM   #1
ar2stp48

Default Popout ignition for 1930 Pickup

Today's project was a popout ignition to install in a 1930 Pickup as a replacement for current ignition. The problems:

Ignition was pushed in, locked, and no key. Lock was easy to pick; and I was able to get the number A1308 for a key. Any source for a A1308 key?

Does anyone know what key blank will fit lock? If anyone has had a key made, there is a number on the blank used ---like KW1 or SC! (these are common house key blanks) With a blank, I can try to produce a key; lock can be impressioned if necessary--not my favorite way to make a key

Thirteen pages returned in a search for data yielded very little factual information. Key blank numbers, direction of code use to cut key, disassembly diagrams or pictures, or rebuild hints. Frequent suggestion was "take it to local locksmith" That is me; a safetech who has expanded into locks as no locksmith in county

I made a note of phone number and email of gentleman many referenced for excellent lock repair. I would like to complete the repairs myself if possible

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Paul
ar2stp48 is offline   Reply With Quote