Thread: Swap Meet Pages
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #19
Rainmaker Ron

Default Re: Swap Meet Pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgarage View Post
I have looked at the classifieds on this forum maybe 4 or 5 times total. I hate the format. I hate having to keep clicking to drill deeper, which is what this site is all about.
I still like the old Fordbarn forum, and the old classifieds better overall.

In fact, I have been thinking about creating a new free Model A and Early V8 cars and parts swap site similar to the old list, using one of the domain names I already own. Classifieds only, no forum.

Any interest in this?, or is this classifieds here meeting everyone's needs? I am not really wanting to compete, but I have tons of stuff myself to list and sell somewhere, and eBay has become a hassle, and the format of these classifieds I don't like much, so....

Maybe fordgaragesale.com or fordswapmeet.com or vintagefordgarage.com or fortyhorse.com? You can vote by PM if you want. I am curious whether there is any interest in proceeding with a simple linear list like we used to have on Ford Barn and DMAFC, and which name to use.
Every Model A hobbiest I know has something that he could, would or should sell. It is the nature of the hobby to wind up with extra "stuff." I'm sure most of us would sell our excess stuff if there were an easy way to do so. I think you are uniquely qualified to design and administer such a system. I would hope there would be some compensation for your time and talent. I like fordswapmeet.com
Go fo it Vince,
Rainmaker Ron
Rainmaker Ron is offline   Reply With Quote