View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 09:32 AM   #15
Barry-ct

Default Re: The story of YOUR FORD...car , pickup , truck , commercial vehicle

My 50 F-1 was driven every day back in the 1960's by my best friend's Dad. He was a fireman in a nearby city. He also used it to haul building materials when he built his house down the street from us. Very talented man. I helped him build a garage in the backyard, which fueled my love for carpentry. I rode in that truck many times during those years.
He had sort of retired it in the early 70's, and it sat in a pole barn they had for horses. I always wanted it. In 1974 while working in my Dad's 7-11 , My friend's Dad came in one night for Milk and we talked about Hershey. He left and 4 guys held me up and shot me in the leg. My friends father had gotten in the car and backed away, but saw what was going on and came back. He got out of the car and they killed him. A nightmare.
The truck sat for many years until 1983 when I finally bought it and another one for parts. I tore the truck apart and worked on it off and on ( more off ) as I raised a family which took all my extra $$ as you all know how that works. There isn't a lot of the original truck in my restoration, but I consider it still my friends Dad's truck. I have been able to work on the truck in the last 5 years and have made forward progress on it. I've been repairing lawn mowers, etc.. as a hobby to buy stuff for the truck, but that cuts into truck time a lot. I'm disabled ( Diabetes, 51 yrs ) , but I still want to work on the truck. It's getting hard, as arthritis is taking it's toll on my hands. I've restored a few cars and truck ( army ) but this one has always been my favorite. Maybe it is a tribute to my friend's Dad.
That's my story......

50 F-1
Barry-ct is offline   Reply With Quote