View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 10:30 PM   #965
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

We are feeling downcast today.

We are a close family that frequently celebrate the events of our children and grandchildren but today there is an element of sadness as a result of confinement due to the coronavirus. Let me tell you about it.
Our second son Michael we call Moo. Now 49 and has lived in Hong Kong since 1997, the year of the Chinese takeover. He is pilot with a major air carrier and his wife for their subsidiary until she retired when they had kids. When those kids turned14 they were put into boarding school in Brisbane for their last 3 years in secondary. When they were to return to Honkers at the end of last year but would have incurred a fortnight lockdown and another again on returning to Brisbane. The decision was made to rent a house and live there. Their forth kid would now attend boarding school and their mother would also relocate to Brisbane.

That leaves Moo in Honkers and whilst he speaks to the kids each day he hasn’t seen them for more than six months. For the last 3 or maybe 4 weeks he has been running Honkers to Australian ports. Today it was Brisbane. His wife and kids went to the airport and were able to wave to dad as he was whisked off in a bus to quarantine until his return to Honkers tomorrow. So near and yet so far. We all feel so sad for the whole family.

Questions. What will be the outcome of this virus. Families broken. Businesses bust. Unemployment. Nations bankrupt. Are governments taking the best action and do they know what they are doing. Are we being told the truth. To some degree the honest answer may well be “we don’t know”. I would like to know the truth of just what they do know. I’m not gullible enough to believe they have kept us fully informed. Blind Freddy can see there is political and bureaucratic opportunism occurring to quite some degree.

Will the new vaccine be effective. Are we simply putting too much hope in it. Will this virus mutate and become mankind’s mortality.
It’s all very sobering stuff isn’t it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48076873641_0412eeeb6f.jpg (13.1 KB, 4 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 01-06-2021 at 10:35 PM.
woofa.express is online now   Reply With Quote