View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 05:36 PM   #964
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

This is some correspondence I've conducted with my friend Cam

Hi Cam. Thank you for your positive feedback about my stories. It makes it worthwhile knowing people do like them. They are written for the Model A forum and I have done this for now18 months. In that time I have had more than 118,000 views. The Model A forum is world-wide. It is not a big forum.

The forerunner to the Model-A is the Model-T and was produced in larger numbers, some 15,000 in fact. The A came to production in 1928 and lasted to 1931 with only 5 million produced. The reason for the disparity: those years encompassed the depression.

I think the A had both class and style. It was also incredibly simple. There are still plenty of spare used parts available and almost everything can be purchased new, reproduced of course. Both going motorcars and parts are plentifully available. They cruise at 40mph +. Some owners claim better but be advised there are more lies told about the yields of crops, size of fish, especially those that got away and the speed of model A’s.

To summarise for you Cam, the A is simple and performs well- it is 40hp. Is affordable and it is fun. And yes, I am besotted.

Cam responded and said, quote. “I must admit the A has a touch of class”. He goes on to say that when he was a boy his folks had a mid 50’s Ford Prefect. A 1200cc motor producing some 36hp. He didn’t know how his parents and 3 boys plus baggage squeezed in. in 25 years it wasn’t a giant step for mankind was it?

I feel Cam may drive a Model A sometime in the future.

make your judgement. plus add an additional 000 to the number of Model T's built. Pardon me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31-ford-model-a-365-days-630.jpg (74.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 560px-1948_Ford_Prefect_E93A.jpg (55.6 KB, 6 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 01-06-2021 at 03:21 AM.
woofa.express is online now   Reply With Quote