View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 06:01 PM   #19
1938 Coupe

Default Re: Bob Drake Gas Tank...Sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrysquire View Post
So, Drake will take the tank back and refund my money, but only for the tank. They charged me $45 to ship it to me, and I'm guessing it will cost me the same to ship it back. So $90 to learn that Drake sells a product that will not fit without beating the hell out of it with a hammer. When told that I learned it was well known that these tanks wont go in from the bottom, the so-called customer service rep tells me that's not true, and the tanks fit 85-95% of the cars out there.

I have a '41 wagon that I will be restoring soon and will need plenty of parts. Guess who will not get another penny of my money...
Just be careful with sending it back to Bob Drake. If there is any blemishes from trying to fit the tank they will refuse to credit you and will send it back.
I had this happen to me when I returned a chrome bumper they claimed they found a scratch that wasn't there before and refused credit. Any excuse to not take it back and refund my money didn't set well and cost them in future sales with me!