View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 04:03 PM   #1410
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

You could probably apply this quote in your job too.

What do I say when you are compared to another pilot? I have a favourite quote and it works every time. Here’s what I say.
I am discussing with a farmer the paddock to spray. Farmer informs me that a pilot I once sent sprayed this very paddock differently to what I was planning. He did it this way farmer said. Farmer has chucked me a challenge. I’ll make my point by an example.
I was to spray a cereal paddock for Allan Hawkins at Tocumwal. The paddock had a kidney shaped lagoon on the north and Allan asked if I could start at the lagoon, working south maintaining the curve I tracked on the first run and continue to fly that curve. I respond by saying to Allan well I’m not that good but I can maintain straight line between the markers, starting with short runs, getting longer until I cleared the lagoon and could make complete end to end runs of the paddock . Well that didn’t seem to please Allan and he informed me the last bloke I’d sent there could maintain a curve, and in this very same paddock. “Who was he I enquired. “Came from Victoria somewhere in Gippsland” Allan said.
Maybe, I said, Bob L…………...
“Yes, yes, that’s the bloke” Allan responded.
Now here comes my punch line. And I love to quote it.
“but Bob’s a much better pilot than me”.
It just kills the farmers point of view and generally ends with a laugh or chuckle from the farmer who knows he has made himself look a bit foolish.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Peggy and Molly continued.

Molly has been returned to his adoptive household. The carers are required by the Dept of Environment to undergo special training in keeping a wild animal (bird). The whole deal has had world-wide viewing on YouTube. The carers, the dog and the magpie are now world-wide celebrities with two million followers on social media. The Queensland Premier has got in on the act thinking it has made him popular (an election is due in a few months).
It is my view our government services can do one thing better than any other body, well in Australia anyway. And that is to trash money faster.
For those of you who so wish can view a YouTube clip from “Global News”.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajm9Vd0M9S0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 06.54.49.jpg (20.3 KB, 6 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote