View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 02:02 AM   #23
Cornishman

Default Re: Remparts Angouleme Rallye International

A attempted joke or sarcasm? It was on the trailer for practical reasons. It would have been a two hour drive in the dark to get to the start. That's impossible for two reasons the most important being that my original 6v generator can't cope with that, the second is I'm not going to risk my life taking a car that travels slower than the heavy traffic on the RN10 and the alternative route is much longer. My priority was being at the start on time. I would rather celebrate the fact that my Model A completed the day covering significantly over 100 miles on a number of challenging roads in mixed weather conditions. That's the important part. The fact that it went from my home to Angoulême and back in a trailer is to do with practicality. I'd done the journey the day before on a motorcycle in the rain because that was more practical as well. Does it also offend you that I didn't use my Model A for that too? My car was running as well at the end of the day as at the start. I find the fact that it did so rewarding. This is a car that before last August had been off the road since 1992. A car that didn't run and was not registered or roadworthy. A car which broke down on its second trip and was found to have a hole between the water jacket and one of the combustion chambers. A car which is kept in France, a long way from the parts dealers in the USA or even the firm in England I buy them through. A car on which all the work has been carried out by me because their is no one else to help.
I'm sorry if my using a trailer upset your sensibilities but hopefully you now can see why I did. I'm only down the road from you Rene, why don't you come as well next year?
Cornishman is offline   Reply With Quote