Thread: Coast to coast
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 08:08 AM   #63
modelAtony

Default Re: Coast to coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S. View Post
A friend just picked up a superb sedan that is in Florida and recruited me to help him drive it back to California in September. I can't be away from my business for too long, so we plan to do about 600 miles each day.

Plan is to take the southern route. We have hotels and gas stops mapped. Hope to see a few sights, but it will mostly be all business. Seeing another Model A or two along the way would be cool if any of you guys happen to be along our route. Will update as things unfold..
P.S Just noticed your post further down, [ car does have overdrive] My 31 Tudor has Mitchell inserted engine 65 hp dynoed. 3:27 rear. If the car ya'll plan on driving is very road worthy, YES sounds like a great trip. 600 miles will make you think about running around 450 after about the 3rd day. When I travel interstate I run about 63-64 mph, rpm 1800 at 60 mph. driving 430 miles a day I do this very easy, counting fuel stops that's gas up and be gone in 15 minutes and 1 fuel stop with meal 30 minutes I cover the 430 miles in 8 hrs flat. Begin trip 8am and at my destination 4 pm . get in motel before city traffic kills you, so you could travel the 600 miles per day but after 3rd day you begin to ddrrraaaggg down and get tired and humm drum. I think ya'll will have a great trip. IF THE CAR IS VERY ROAD WORTHY AND UP FOR THE TRIP. Have fun modelAtony tony white Lafayette, LA
modelAtony is offline   Reply With Quote