View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #1
AnthonyG

Default Installing 95% oil filter system issue

Correcting error, it is a Bypass system I’m installing, finally after getting motivated & feeling pretty good after really long recovery from neck surgery, 8 months & counting. So thought an easy ease in project would be the Oil Filter system while the engine is still on the lift from before surgery project. As we know assume makes an ass out of u & me but I did anyway So turns out the pipe thread on the purchased fitted 8BA tube on the return side going to the block is a larger thread than the female thread that’s in the block? I think the one in the return hole on block is 1/8” pipe & the male on the tube is a 1/4” pipe. (Could be calling sizes out wrong) The opposite side of the tube having same thread does fit the filter. The feed tube with same threads as the return tube fits the filter & the feed threaded hole on rear of engine where the oil pressure gauge would go as well as thread just below at 90 degrees. Anybody run into this? I’m thinking an adapter on the return hole in the block to step thread up to fit fitting on return tube??? Help:confused :confused

Last edited by AnthonyG; 03-07-2021 at 08:13 PM.
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote