View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 02:58 PM   #7
Superhart

Default Re: Need Help: '30 Coupe Window Regulator

I had the same problem that Bruce of MN experienced. I needed to replace the regulator in my driver's side door. The window kept dropping down a half inch when I drove and hit a bump. Thanks to our membership I chose to order a replacement from Snyder's. It was a few dollars more expensive than other suppliers but I wanted quality. After removing the handles and interior trim panel I taped the glass in the full up position. The old regulator literally fell out at me in four parts when I removed the three screws. Guess what was stamped on the old regulator. You guessed it "VINTIQUE". all three rivets for the crank were broken. Immediately I could see the difference in quality between the Vintique part and the one from Snyder's. Getting the new unit in caused me to say cuss words that hadn't even been invented yet. Getting the crank shaft past the inner door bead was a real PITA. Somehow after more than 20 minutes I finally got the slide wheel in the window channel and cussed the crank shaft past the inner door bead. The rest was a piece of cake and the window operates smoothly and stays in the full up position. Of course, then I noted that the passenger window didn't operate that well compared to driver's side so I ordered a replacement regulator from Snyder's again. Yup, another Vintique POS dropped out and the same cussing to get the passenger side installed but finally all is well. Now I have two windows that operate smoothly and quietly.

The take home advice here is to pay the few dollars more and get quality parts from Snyder's. If the part is stamped Vintique, send it back.
Superhart is offline   Reply With Quote