Thread: Mac's survey
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #147
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Re: Mac's survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton View Post
I ordered differential parts from Mac's, bearings, seals, seal tool, gaskets and shims. The seal tool was out of stock and they contacted me whereupon I cancelled that part. At the same time I ordered a ring and pinion from Mike's for $399 instead of the $450 both Brattons and Snyder's wanted and alot less than the $670 Mac's wanted.

The orders were delivered a week after they were sent. GA & NY to CA.

The pinion I received did not have the .005" step so I did that, still a deal. The gasket kit that I got didn't give the thickness of the banjo gaskets so I sent an e-mail to joshg@macs that night and had the answer in the morning. Nothing wrong with that.

I screwed up a seal and turned to the local parts house for that and other odds 'n ends. I like to spread it around.

I shop, I compare, I buy.

P.S. Summit ships free BUT, they charge for handling.

when you shop price compare apples to apples. for 399 you got the chinese ring and pinion, much lower quality product than the usa made sets. thats one reason the step was not machined on the pinion. the cheap gasket sets are crappy also, i like the BEST brand gasket set. some of the suppliers dont even offer the offshore diff sets due to there quality so thats why you didnt see them on their sites.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote