View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 01:42 PM   #31
101Scout

Default Re: Advice needed for buying my roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim M View Post
I LOVE my 29 Roadster. REAL barn find (by my beloved Uncle) in WV. I paid 8500 for it and have probably put that much back in over the last 15 years. But it is all original, except for the top and upholstery which the mice had eaten up in the 20+ years in the barn. I love to go riding along the back woods roads here in Florida. Lots of sun and flat roads. Prices are all over the place now, so it comes down to how much you can spend and how bad you want one. Also the biggest question to me is how much work YOU want to put into it. I have loved every minute of working on it and still do. Others just want to buy it and drive it. What ever you decide you can't go wrong because you can always probably sell it for what you have into it at any point. They aren't making them any more and unfortunately they are getting fewer and fewer as many of them end up being sold as parts. Hope this helps a little. Jim
If that's the car in your avatar it is a beauty! I love to tinker which is part of what appeals to me about the Model A. Pretty accessible for working on and great styling and from everything I've read if they are well maintained they are very reliable. Great cars, I love them. Hopefully I'll love them even more after I have one that's on the road.
101Scout is offline   Reply With Quote