View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 09:47 PM   #69
DNLs1930

Default Re: Why do you own a Model A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700rpm View Post
A man asked me this today when I took my Coupe to the grocery store, and it is not a common question, at least for me, when I’m out in my A.
It took a moment to form a coherent reason, but it enlivened the conversation with the stranger.

How about you? Why do you own a Model A?

I was expecting to read "Your reason" in the post...

I would say I do not "own" a Model A but am the caretaker for my families (Grandfathers) Model A, and only became that after my Uncle had his 10 years enjoying the car (and doing A LOT OF WORK)

Gramps bought the car in the early 40s as best we can tell and then passed it to my Uncle to be used for "bodyman" vocational training in 1966 (I think) Gramps found out the fenders were going to get removed and a "hotrod" modification was planned so he picked up the car and stashed it in the garage where it stayed!

As a young child I would peak in the window of the garage and see the "cool old car" but never saw it out of the garage until my gramps passed in 2007.

My Aunt wanted me to have the car but I insisted my Uncle gets first choice as long as the fenders stayed on the car. (which they did)

My uncle passed the car on to me about three years ago but "missed" his Model A so much he bought another Model A just to go cruzin with his club!! And YES he kept the fenders on this car too.

In a few years it will be my sons turn; so we are caretakers not really owners.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ipone1 034.jpg (63.9 KB, 38 views)
DNLs1930 is offline   Reply With Quote