View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 09:12 AM   #14
Barber31

Default Re: Finally posting pictures of my "Finished" Tudor

Thanks for the compliments fellas!
Tom - My garage is a 1 1/2 car space so you wouldn't need much room. When the body was off there was just enough room to have the rolling chassis and body side by side. It was frustrating at times. I moved it to another garage I have and parked my 66 impala in there which barely fits and I can't believe I restored that one in there too! Its ridiculously tight now.
Art- I used the bubble foil sold at places like Home Depot. I think it's HVAC insulation. I stapled it to the bows before laying down the chicken wire. I did that for 2 reasons. To substitute the anti-squeak material that goes on the bows and so there's no clearance issues making the top look more bubbled. I used a razor to slice the air pockets that were directly over each bow the chicken wire layed flat.
Mitch- Yes I think I will eventually add a stripe. I was actually thinking of using the burgundy color I used on the window garnish to use for the stripe and maybe stripe the wheels too. It's pretty dark so it would all be subtle striping.
Barber31 is offline   Reply With Quote