View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 05:08 PM   #17
CHuDWah

Default Re: whats the best & worst car to buy in 1930

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31Abone View Post
I forgot I had a 20 Texan out of harrahs 1981..My question was a $850 dollar total buget and had to drive from NYC to Portland oregon in 1930 only not 32 or 34 ..no high dollar cars.. 30 chevs were a gas hog with little power big improvment came in 32 ..speed of the day was about 30 to 35 mph..my thot was mopar 1930 but maybe olds viking v8..maybe studebaker after having six studes they were good quaity but but heavy car but strong runners and dependable..My father born in 1888 had had a wilkes booth 1920 six and mdl T 's and A;s but whent to mopar and later to nash..I have only one 30 A PU left and have bot two 37 mopars coupes and like them ..Ford folks thin Fords were the best but I'm not convined sorry..ford was a stuburn fellow and wanted to keep MDL T alive till 1950 HA HA..model A would have been better with a 201 CI flat six that chrysler had at the time same cu in but 2 thirds the horsepower at about 65 to 70 HP and fuel econemy as well..sc give me hell please !!

I've owned Model A but no non-Ford cars from that era, so I have no basis for comparison. But I have owned both Fords and MoPars from the late-30s. The ChryCo cars are better built.
CHuDWah is offline   Reply With Quote