View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 01:53 PM   #16
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: 2024 Chickasha pre-war Swap Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
The gems are the parts I need for my various projects that are nearly impossible to find locally. Other than A parts, I look for early V8 parts, and things for other makes and models of cars I have.

The smaller meets tend to focus on a limited number of makes or models. The bigger meets tend to have good deals when you find a VW or Porsche part among the Camaro and Mustang stuff.
I understand now why you prefer larger, and more diversified meets such as Pate. With that said, you must also realize that you are in a very small minority in that you are looking for parts for multiple marques. Most hobbyists today are only collecting parts for one or maybe two vehicles, -and even with multiple vehicles they typically are of the same brand (-i.e.: two Model-As or a Model-A & a Model-T) where the smaller shows have been found to be more favorable for both Buyers & Sellers.

Not sure if you are already doing this but if I were in your shoes, I would compile a list of ppl at Pate that you meet who are selling parts for vehicles like you own. Later on, you can contact them and ask if they have that item. Even if they have what you are needing, they likely know someone who they can refer you to.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote