Thread: Stan's 34 Ford
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 11:05 PM   #9
STAN WHITE

Default Re: Stan's 34 Ford

I tried to post pictures of my 34 but had issues. I sent the photos to Jerry and he posted them for me. I met Jerry thru the Barn and he is helping me with the wiring on the car. Which I appreciate very much. As far as info on the car,here goes. I looked for a 34 3wdw in the late fifties had no luck, as I wanted a original unmolested car (hard to find). I met a person in the late sixties that had such a car. At that time it was not for sale said he would call if he was to sell it. Twenty years later he called and I purchased it. I have had the car for thirty five years and started working on it about six months ago. The car is original, no rust, no holes drilled, never painted, original stripe what's left of it. Interior was done correctly by a fellow named Kinser in the Bay Area. My plan is to do it like the cars I remembered in the early fifties. Stock body nice clean straight car sits a little different than stock. With the emphasis on performance and braking. The engine is a 59AB with 1/4" stroke and 3 5/16 bore. Potvin .425 Eliminator cam with Scheifer clutch and flywheel. Harmen and Collins dual coil ignition. Offy heads and intake with three modified stromberg 48 carbs. Ed Bingly (not the correct spelling) Had a speed shop in I think Santa Rosa in the early fifties he was well known for high performance flatheads. I have Two of his engines both with same dims. Ed would cut the block at the end exhaust ports then do his thing and weld them back up. A lot of work and patience. I think that the fresh engine that I have might be the last engine that he built before his passing. That is not the engine that is in the coupe. The engine that is in the coupe was in a 34 vicky that I sold. Won Flathead Eliminator in Sacramento in 1989 turned very close to 95 MPH. If anyone is interested in Ed Bingly, Look up Bings Speed Shop in Santa Rosa. He had quite a reputation and was a good friend. Stan
STAN WHITE is offline   Reply With Quote