View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #10
CHuDWah

Default Re: Bright 32 Radiator Shell?

Like I said, I've seen pix of a few but this is the one that triggered the question. It was posted on another forum and possibly is for sale. The owner said it was used by a fire department, then purchased by his family. I'm fairly knowledgeable about Model A, not so much 32. But the more I look at the pix, the more questions arise. Aside from the chrome(?) radiator shell, the headlights are replacement (Guide?), the horn isn't correct, and the bumper appears not to be painted. It also appears not to have a recess in the door like the AA to clear the side mount - is 32 supposed to? And on most, if not all, BB I've seen with a separate cab (i.e., not panel, etc) the running board ends at the back of the cab.

But the bed is the most confusing. It first appeared in a smaller version on the 31 Model A DeLuxe Pickup. It was up-sized for use on the AA Service Car, but I didn't know it was continued in 32. On the A, the sides of the bed overlap the cab to the rear edge of the door, the bed moldings line up with those on the door, and the bed fits the splash aprons and fenders better. On this one, the running board widens at the rear to cover the gap between it and the bed/frame. Also that block under the bed doesn't look right - I think a Ford installation would have been more "professional." I suppose it could be an aftermarket installation on a cab and chassis.

It's a cool truck but is it an authentic 32 body style? Comments?
CHuDWah is offline   Reply With Quote