View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 12:55 PM   #5
Licensed to kill

Default Re: Model A Turn Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in MN View Post
I have two Electro-Tech self cancelling turn signal kits. One, a six volt system, is installed with a hidden switch and the other, a 12 volt system, has the steering column mounted switch. Both work excellent. The only issue I have ever had is bad grounding after about 10 years of use. I de-mounted the lights, cleaned the mating surfaces, reassembled and it was all back to working order.

The system will flash 14 times and then cancel. If you interrupt the count to 14 by pressing the brake, the count will halt, while continuing to flash until the brake pedal is released and then the count continues toward self-cancelling.
Approach a stoplight signalling your turn, press the brake and your signal keeps flashing. Stoplight changes...off the brake pedal and you are still signalling as you make the corner and shortly after it stops.
No longer have the problem of forgetting to cancel the signal.
The system is not inexpensive but IMO worth every dollar.

Their website:
www.turnswitch.com

Great customer service also.
Good Day!
Agree. I installed one on my '31 fordor and like it. I used the column mounted switch. Relatively compact and looks a LOT better than the big clunky signal stats that are commonly used IMO. I will be getting another one for my delivery when it's done.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote