View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 11:30 AM   #4
Dave in MN

Default Re: Model A Turn Signal

I have two Electro-Tech self cancelling turn signal kits. One, a six volt system, is installed with a hidden switch and the other, a 12 volt system, has the steering column mounted switch. Both work excellent. The only issue I have ever had is bad grounding after about 10 years of use. I de-mounted the lights, cleaned the mating surfaces, reassembled and it was all back to working order.

The system will flash 14 times and then cancel. If you interrupt the count to 14 by pressing the brake, the count will halt, while continuing to flash until the brake pedal is released and then the count continues toward self-cancelling.
Approach a stoplight signalling your turn, press the brake and your signal keeps flashing. Stoplight changes...off the brake pedal and you are still signalling as you make the corner and shortly after it stops.
No longer have the problem of forgetting to cancel the signal.

I have an early version of the kit that only flashes for a given interval. I do not have the one that senses going around the corner. When I purchased my second unit, he informed me that I could trade my original module in for a set price and obtain the latest version. I don't recall what the cost to upgrade was.

The system is not inexpensive but IMO worth every dollar.

Their website:
www.turnswitch.com

Great customer service also.
Good Day!

Last edited by Dave in MN; 06-11-2020 at 07:43 AM.
Dave in MN is offline   Reply With Quote