View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 08:51 PM   #14
Chevmn56

Default Re: Mechanical Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C View Post
Why would you want to change the cam dowel pins?

Bob
Yes the cam dowel pins are what i was talking about !!! lol. The cam nut was already murdered by a chisel by someone else so i just finished it off it wasn't but 2-3 good wacks and it came off. The dowels serve 2 functions? 1 so you cant put the gear on wrong and too 2. To keep it from spinning just in case the nut ever worked it self loose (i know probably never happen)??.......so am i to assume the cam dowel pins are not a wear item and will fit nice and snug in my new aluminium cam gear?????? if i dont need to worry about i wont????

Thanks to all who have replied and dealt with my ignorance....i am getting better and i am learning a lot on my own and love the Model A.......so to all you ornery old timers ....have patience with guys not as knowledgeable as yourself cuz one day they will be in your shoes and hopefully they will not look down at the new young blood whos looking to carry on the the Model A heritage and gladly pass on their knowledge or lack of on to them with a smile, remembering the time they came on this forum dumber than a box of rocks on models A's........ask me anything about the Tri Five Chevys, 40's Packards, 70's Chevy's PU or the late 70's Ford PU and i will gladly share my knowledge and help when i can.

Thanks again for all your guys inputs it is valued !!!!!!!....Oh yeah Merry xmas!!!!!!!!
Chevmn56 is offline   Reply With Quote