Thread: Tie Rods
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 07:32 PM   #5
Joe/Ct

Default Re: Tie Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Joe, I'm not sure I still understand you. So that I am clear, I am going to break this down very elementary on a PDF. Please don't be offended as I am not trying to belittle you, but I want to make sure I understand so that I don't give you bad information.

The A-3281 Spindle Connecting Rod is what I think you are calling a Tie-Rod. This connects both Steering Arms which are bolted to the front Spindles. The A-3285 & A3286 are the Spindle Connecting Rod Ends, and threads onto the Connecting Rod. On each of the Connecting Rod Ends, there is a clamping bolt & nut that go thru the area that I have drawn an arrow in Blue. Are you saying that when this bolt is properly tightened, the Connecting rod still spins inside each Connecting Rod End?

Brent, thanks for your patience.

I am able to tighten the connecting rod ends to both ends of the connecting rod. What I am saying is that, with the ends tightened and the system installed, I am able to rotate that rod by 20 +/- degrees when it is connected to the ball in the steering arms.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Joe/Ct is offline   Reply With Quote