View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 06:18 PM   #11
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers
Default Re: License Topper............

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougVieyra View Post
31 Model A, post # 6: ". . . . being part of 'bling' "

Okey, Okay, O.K. - So it sounds like you did NOT vote in the 1940 election. You must be one of those YOUNG people !

As a man who campaigned vigorously for Woodrow Wilson, I must ask you :
What the hell is 'bling' ?

The only time I ever heard that word, was in 1929, when I was in a bar and a drunk, slurring his words, kept raving about the crooner Bling Crosby !
--------------------

Thank you Terry, post 7, for an informative and enlightening bit of history. I for one, appreciate all these little 'tid bits' that help put our beloved Model A in it's historic perspective.
What most Model A owners call 'bling' I called it 'jewelry'. I was taught what 'bling' was at that time when I called it 'jewelry'. The extra items that go along with the 'era' of Model As. Things dated to the Model A era to put a bit more into driving a vintage auto of a certain time period. The extras that were added 'after' it came off the assembly line. Sarah has her bit and pieces all dated from 1928-1938. They mostly all have become part of my and Sarah's stories that so many here enjoy!!!! Pretty soon Sarah and I will be returning "Home for the Holidays". Coming soon....on a forum near you!!!!

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote