Thread: Leg room
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 09:43 PM   #26
Y-Blockhead

Default Re: Leg room

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn C. View Post
I sure would like the spacing dimensions of that tool that Y-Blockhead came up with, so that I might make myself one. The only problem that some people my have is, what about interference with the Hi-Low shifter on vehicles equipped with Mitchell Overdrives ? I too have had the knees replaced, but still have to do something.
Hi Glen. It is really nothing special. I made it from parts I had. I figured it would be better than just pulling the shifter to one side to bend it.

I used two 5/16" eyebolts that are spaced ~7" apart on the 2x4. The center bolt is a 5/8" stud I had laying around. Probably doesn't need to be that large Basically slide the shifter thru the eyebolts. I slide it down until it hit the floor board. Then tighten the large nut on the center stud. Works like a small press with no stress on the internal parts of the shifter/transmission. I bent it 1-2" to the right. Some may need to bend it a little further but it works fine where it is now for me. It does bend pretty easily.

Last edited by Y-Blockhead; 06-28-2016 at 09:49 PM.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote