Thread: Stipe Oil Pump
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 11:53 AM   #12
hardtimes

Default Re: Stipe Oil Pump

Hey Synchro,
About 10 or more years ago, I used a Stipe custom aluminum pump, as you have done.
I agree with your 'reliability and bullet proof' wants and needs also and that's also why I use Bills pump. Today I used a V8 flathead pump ('46/'48 59A style) made by a 4E4 member and machinist. If you have Jim B book, his contact info is logged in the back of this book. He does EXCELLENT work and has done this mod forever (). Not expensive as others mentioned either ! You need a core for best deal though.
Today, WE spend hundreds of hours and THOUSANDS of $$$$ on an A/B engine that cost fifty odd bucks for stock engine back when. So, we have reason to do the best job for bang for buck, peace of mind and longevity,eh ! Give us some pictures of your build and of your trip when it happens, thanks. Sounds like you are having fun with your/our hobby !
BTW, with the variety of oil pumps made today with lower prices and good craftsmanship, I would not spend the large sum (to me) for another alum pump. Darn good pump though. It is good to have choices !!
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote