View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 12:03 PM   #8
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: Hidden Safety Features

Install a fuse if you do not have one. Most convert to a starter mounted fuse, which fuses everything except the starter. Vendors carry the kit.

Add the grounding mod. Add a Ground cable from where the braided woven ground cable attaches to the frame to a transmission/bell housing bolt. Improves grounding throughout the A.

Install a new 1 piece aluminum 2 blade fan. Other types crack and throw the blades., very dangerous.

Fuel Shutoff pencil filter - screen/filters gas from getting into the shutoff valve and rest of fuel system. Grit/rust can score the internals of the valve, wrecking it.

Optional -Not safety related - install a leakless water pump, keeps things tidy in the engine bay, and if no coolant leaks you have the option of using antifreeze if desired.

Optional - Upper coolant hose/neck temp gauge. Helps monitor coolant temp, lets you know issues before the motor overheats. Not original looking.

Optional - Thermostat - keeps motor running optimally, helps prevent sludge/contamination from forming when motor does not run hot enough to burn off the condensation and contamination in the oil.

Optional - Upper hose coolant filter - keeps crud/rust out of the radiator, preventing plugging up your radiator.

Optional - Pleated gas filter in sediment bowl. Additional gas filtering.

Optional - LED 3rd brake light strip. I have one on my truck tailgate and have noticed quite a difference with people noticing to slow down and keep their distance when I am stopping and turning corners. Not original looking, but definitely a safety item.

Optional - Conversion to Cast Iron Brake Drums and Woven Brake Shoes/Linings - expensive. If Brake system is adjusted and restored the A can almost stop on a dime and the brakes will lock up/skid tires even at low speeds. Safety
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote