View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 07:19 PM   #290
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

I'm off to our Biannual meet on Sunday our time.

Our national biannual Model A meet starts in 4 days at the South Australian town of Murray Bridge. We can make it in one day okay but have elected to take 2 and enjoy the trip. When last I spoke to the conveners I was told some 120 vehicles had registered. No I guess the vehicles can’t register but the owners would have.
Murray Bridge was named for the obvious reason. The Murray /Darling rivers being Australia’s longest river system. The town has a population of 18K. It is an agricultural service centre for the grain and grape industries plus a retirement centre for farmers who don’t wish to live in Adelaide, even though Adelaide is a delightful city with a population of only1.2 mil and it’s like stepping back in time.
I have been writing a short story each day and have enjoyed doing so. It could be nearly a fortnight before I write again. I’ll leave you with a small trivia story. Cheers, gary.

Shop attendant asking for payment.

That will be $16 (say).
No, I reply, that’s not correct. And they add up again and say $16. And again I say that’s not correct.
Well what is it?
“It’s $16 please.”

I remember a lad omitting the please. Dad looking on and watching with some degree of concern and uncertainty, but when I hit the lad with my punch line there was no doubt the smile on dad’s face showed his approval of his customers lesson to his boy.
Patsy reckons no matter how persistently I try, I won't change the world.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote