View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #26
Bobs29ModelA

Default Re: Weird electrical problem?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
All this was done before I started the post. Also, as mentioned earlier, my car has a Zipper FS Electronic Distributor system in it, so if I remember correctly, there were a couple of minor changes made in the way the wiring goes to/through the junction box, so its possible that the changes mentioned by Willie may not apply to my situation, because of this difference in wiring needed by the Zipper. I've been driving it in its current Zipper configuration for 3 years now without any problem, so this is all surprising to me. In any event, the ammeter IS hooked back up, since removing it from the picture a few days ago made no difference in the symptoms.

I am out-of-town at the moment, but am planning to spend some time on the car this coming week when I get back home, and I will re-trace all of the wiring from battery to starter to junction box, just to see if there's anything obvious. I will also remove the ammeter and connect its two wires to each other, to see if there is any change in the symptoms as presented.

My continued thanks to all for sharing their thoughts and input!
Bobs29ModelA is offline   Reply With Quote