View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 10:45 AM   #1
Terry, NJ

Default IT's Back! (Won't start)

A couple of weeks ago, I pulled my coupe apart to rebuild the transmission, Mission accomplished! And I built a Spring Spreader in the process that worked perfectly! Came time to start it up and take it for a ride and it wouldn't start. It was a no spark situation. Several people helped me with their solutions and suggestions and it finally started, Whoopee ! It ran very nicely and I thought my problems were over, heh, heh, Not so! Yesterday I wanted to start it again, Again, No go! I had just repaired the Speedometer and I found something interesting. The connector(Red wire) that hooks to the key switch broke as soon as I touched the wire. It wasn't bent, but the copper looked "Fatigued". I had installed the switch not too long ago and it was definitely OK then. I replace the bad connector and proceeded with the job. I have never seen a connector break off with minimal
force before and I wondered how many more are ready to go. The car was restored and the restorer went the cheapest route with everything.
While I can't say yet that it's the spark, I'm betting 99% that it is. But so far I've tried a voltmeter on the two sides of the coil- OK, and the arm of the points, again, - OK. I'll let you know later.
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote