View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 09:28 AM   #10
hop up

Default Re: Hydraulic Brake Blunder

I like the way your thinking about not doing damage by welding to the frame and preserving the old ford for the next caretaker. I made my own K-member so I can bolt it to the frame and center crossmember. I looked for a easy button and purchasing one but only found the one outfit. I had a 31 Tudor that had that setup already and wasn’t happy with its strength in some points and modified it. I will look for some pictures of my modifications . I will add I am a toolmaker with a machine shop so making stuff is what I do. If we can help please ask..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpkatt View Post
My approach to these vehicles is damage nothing, I like everything to be reverse-able. I rather like the idea of creating brackets to weld to that can bolt on. I was leaning that way anyway. Paint is expensive, much more so than welding filler and a grinding disc. I was just wondering if anybody knew of a less destructive way to mount a master, or if they had modified a bolt in master cyl/battery box to accept a dual reservoir.

I haven't really made my decision yet. When I get to to see the car this weekend I will try to come up with a plan.

I do appreciate the pro's chiming in. There are plenty of automotive things I do not have confidence in,but my fabrication work is not one of them. And If I some how screw up the brackets, at least I didn't screw up the frame...yet.