View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 03:54 PM   #14
Patrick L.

Default Re: Designing an Emergency Electrical Circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoogakev View Post
Hey Patrick; Well maybe it is I don't know, for one thing I have have never been great at memorizing all the correct terms for anything - so I don't know what you mean by primary cable - I think one side of a coil is called primary? But then I think I read the BIG coil wire to the spark plugs is the primary ? ( maybe its the secondary) So all the above confusion is why I just called it " emergency circuit" - I meant a circuit that will power my points and my coil , and THAT should get me home in case of quite a few emergency failures ( or failures that become emergencies maybe a better way to say it ) Theres probably a better way to do it but this will work for me and if it helps spur anyone else to create a limp home wiring thing well great , Kev

That response was kinda tongue-in-cheek and not directed toward you. I thought you originally were referring to a simple wire that could be kept in the car and used for an 'emergency' like the car not starting because of an electrical issue at some inopportune time.

Many of these posts get carried into different directions as this one seemed to.

Ignition circuits.

Primary is the low voltage section. Battery voltage from the terminal box to the coil to the switch to the distributor [ points/condenser]

Secondary is the high voltage section. High voltage from coil thru to the distributor high voltage parts and then to the sparklers.
Patrick L. is offline   Reply With Quote