View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 12:18 PM   #10
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: Auto Restorer magazine is belly up

I too still prefer a magazine I can hold in my hand vs. a digital version. But, one drawback, I will admit, is the room they take up. I've given most of my magazines away.

I also get Hemmings Muscle Machines and Hemmings Classic Cars and I like them both, they do a good job. The magazines have interesting articles and aren't half fluff and redundant ads like so many others. It gets boring reading about just one type of automobile month after month. Once you've seen and dissected a '65 Mustang Coupe over and over and over, you're really ready for something else. And this is coming from a die hard fan of the Blue Oval

I've dropped just about all of the others. HMN's magazines are a better buy also, what about a buck and a half for a MONTHLY issue that's all color, heavy pages, and about a hundred pages long?? That's cheap entertainment. About the cost of a guz burger at McDonalds.

I don't know why, but I still belong to the two big Model A Ford clubs. They run close to a hundred bucks per year to belong to both, and all I get out of them is the bi-monthly magazine that has turned into a 10-15 minute read at best. They were definitely 'better' in the 70's as compared with today. I'm afraid they will go bye-bye at year's end too. That's just me.

The times they are a changin'.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote