View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 08:22 AM   #110
QGolden

Default Re: What is your collector car Pet Peeve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Lachniet View Post
Wherever we go in our model a's we are ambassadors for our hobby so making snide remarks to dumb questions make people think we are like the parking lot show hot rodders that act like guard dogs for their precious jewels. We all say we want our hobby grow and thrive so we need to make it look as fun as it really is.
That is very true. These are teaching moments. No one likes to be made fun of. Correct them, smile, thank them for their interest or compliment, and let them walk away thinking, what a nice guy you are. I have been turned off more times than I can remember on a potential hobby or interest, because my first introduction to it turned out to be an interaction with a "good ol' boys club". A legitimate question asked resulted in a smart ass reply, and winking between "members". While 20 feet away a membership sign up table sits. Ya, I want to be a part of that group.

It is the very things that we think we know, that keep us from learning what we should know.- Unknown
QGolden is offline   Reply With Quote