View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #154
Fred K-OR

Default Re: Model A Huckster Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrain View Post
Thanks.
I've been looking at the pictures on the Lentville site, and it looks like the doors are pre-hung on a wooden frame. I think if nothing else, I can modify the slightly amateur fiberglass work that was done to my cowl, and fabricate the parts I need out of wood. With a good finish and spar varnished, I'm pretty sure I can make mine work.
Also, I have a couple of places on the look-out for a decent 30/31 cowl and windshield assembly.
Lots of mistakes of the past can be rectified with a sawzall...<G>
I purchased a Lentville A a few years back. It is on my old 1929 pickup. I have some pictures on my sign in stuff. I also had to rebuild my cowl and get another frame for the window. You are correct, Jon does have a wooden post in front of the doors that attaches to the old front door frame post (at least it did on my 29).

Before you do a lot of work and get parts for your cowl, I would ask Jon what you need to attach his body to. This may save you a lot of work and expense that may not be needed. He may have pictures so you can get an idea what you should do.

BTW the Lentville body is a top quality made wooden Huckster body. Jon does an excellent job of building these bodies. If you like Huckster bodies, you will like the body he builds. The only thing I requested over an above what he provides, is I asked him to move the seat back a little because I am 6'2" and needed more leg room. I also asked him to make me a wider seat than the one he normally provides. My big buns were always hanging over the edge of the seat. It is a great car to haul grandkids in parades or other functions. So far I think I have won 8 or 10 awards at car shows I have attended over the last 3 years or so. So it is an attention getting machine.

Good luck with your project. If you need any questions answered, feel free to PM me.

Here is the rig:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9553a.jpg (73.8 KB, 39 views)
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote