View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #86
Skeezixx

Default Re: What is your collector car Pet Peeve?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59mgaguy View Post
Skeezixx,

You first have to show them how to open the doors. I get a kick of how they look at the boot. Then ask how do you lock the truck or open it.???
I was feeling lazy so took the MGA to an oil change place to have the chassis lubed once and the guy was in a big hurry. "Gimmie the keys" "But....." "Gimmie the keys"

So, I did. I told the girl behind the counter "I bet he can't start it.

So we both watched through the window. Getting in was no problem for this guy, as the top was down he just stepped over the door and squeezed his prodigious bulk behind the 17" wheel, turned the key and looked puzzled. After about ten minutes watching him touch everything on the dash including the horn (much to the delight of the girl), I said I can't take too much more of this.

I walked up to him and casually said "Try pulling the knob marked S." He did and it roared to life. I followed him into the bay and opened the door for him to get out.

I stayed put to show him where all the grease fittings were and to make sure he didn't fill the zerk fittings on the steering rack with grease.

The entertainment value of that experience exceeded the price of the lube job.

Another time I wanted my battery tested so I took it to a battery shop. When the guy said "Open the hood" I did muttering "Ok but I don't know why."

He looked around the engine bay and angrily said "Get this thing outta here mister."

So I did.
Skeezixx is offline   Reply With Quote