View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #51
Patrick L.

Default Re: What is your collector car Pet Peeve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezixx View Post
People who honk their horns while I'm driving. I know it's a compliment but it spooks me. I always think I'm in somebody's way or perhaps a part fell off.

One phenomenon I have noticed that truly irks me is when a young driver is behind me and although I am keeping up with the traffic flow I look like I am slow. They dart past only to duck back into my lane in front of me and hit the brakes totally ignorant of the fact that it takes me a much longer distance to stop than it does them.
This happens a lot to me.

Along those lines, not long ago I pulled up to a traffic light and stopped. I left a car length between the me and the car in front of me. Then this young gal pulls up behind me with a phone stuck her ear and the radio blasting. She must have thought there was too much room in front of me and pulled out, passed me on the right and pulled in front of me. There was not enough room for her to straighten up so she sat there at about a 45º angle. I just then eased up on her to within a foot and blipped the horn just to get her attention, she was oblivious and just took off like her ass was on fire when the light turned and seemed to be upset that the car in front of her wasn't going fast enough. Have I mentioned before that there are a lot of stupid people in this world.
Patrick L. is offline   Reply With Quote