Thread: Mac's survey
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #126
Forker

Default Re: Mac's survey

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I just got off the phone with Mac's customer service trying to track down half of an order that is still pending. It wasn't a critical item so I wasn't all that upset.

The customer service person who took my call couldn't have tried harder to be responsive and understanding...clearly she'd been schooled in improving customer service satisfaction. It took a little longer than it should have, problem partly due to multiple computer systems at Mac's assigning two order numbers?? Not sure I know why or understand why that is, but it was offered as an explanation.

The first half of the order arrived quickly by mail, but where they dropped the ball imo is that the second item on the order is back ordered...I received no notification that it was on back order...and the order was placed over two weeks ago.

Upon confirming it was on back order, but having no idea until when, they have offered to contact supplier and let me know how much longer. You could argue that this should be standard procedure on all back orders; especially notifying the customer with a status update, which is pretty standard practice on internet orders in general.

Like I said, not a critical item, so I'm not all that upset, which wouldn't be the case if it was a critical item. The customer service person was very responsive and trying to make things right (clearly not arrogant as had been reported by others in the past). Sounds like there order system is being merged with another or being replaced by another and causing a few glitches. As a matter of fact, it was down while we were speaking and she was taking notes to enter when it came back up.

Personally, I have ordered from just about everyone in the space and haven’t been real unhappy with any body. Obviously someone has made an investment in Mac’s and it stands to reason that no one does that unless they want to own and grow a profitable business. Taking a customer satisfaction survey is a sure example of management wanting to hear it all so they can begin to address as much as possible, as fast as possible; because no one buys a business to run it poorly and lose their investment. It does take time to fix some things, like ordering systems etc…it doesn’t take any time to fix arrogance and that seemed to be gone completely, and replaced with a very positive behavior.

Clearly everyone should and will do business with whoever they wish to, as will I. But there is one thing to keep in mind, we all win when there is more competition for our business then when there is less competition. So I for one wish the new management the best of luck.

george
Forker is offline   Reply With Quote