View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #149
partridgekelley

Default Re: F150 tranny with overdrive

I have a friend with a 30 fordor , he had a s10 put in it by a guy who butchered his car. Had to put in a open driveshaft and made a mess of that too. The center crossmember was cut so bad it's a weak spot on the car. I had to work for weeks to straighten out what I could. The owner likes the tranny but I think it wrecked the car. I bought a kit to put an 85 f-150 4 speed o/d tranny in my 29 tudor and it's great. I had to notch the center crosmember - but very little. The kit came with shortened driveshaft and radius rods and used an AA bellhousing so no problems with the petals at all. I have driven both cars and like mine much better - it's my baby! His car is heavier and has more selection of gears in the hills. I also have a 28 closed pick-up I put a set of 3;54 gears in the rear and a Mitchell overdrive(with stock trans) DON'T DO
THAT! I have a problem because it's too high geared. Going to have to put the 3:78 gears back in soon. Check it out as much as you can before you spend your $. Good Luck Gary
partridgekelley is offline   Reply With Quote