View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #156
Ken Ehrenhofer

Default Re: The Lee Roy Hartung Collection Auction = Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Wilson View Post
Ken,
Sorry, I don't know where or if there is a Union City data plate. Other buses I have seen have had the Wayne body. My understanding is that the Ford sold bus was on an AA157 chassis and was manufactured by Union City. So, at some point I would like to do an article for the Double A'er newsletter on this Ford identified 330-A body type. I don't know what the Union City body type was.

BTW - If you have high resolution copies of the Greenfield Village photos you posted, then please send them when you email me.
Hi Neil,
I took a pretty good look and cannot find a Union City tag anywhere. I do see the interior widow trim is woodgrained and there is a mirror between each window. I cannot imagine them wood graing a school bus???? So was this another kind of bus???? maybe a motor coach of some kind with flashy interior (woodgrain) So many questions and so few answers but the search is already great fun. Pieces of headliner still inside. First task is to wash the bus and do a video recording of the whole thing and all the details and then lot and lots of stiill photos. Altho I need to free up the rusted brakes and get it rolling so I can get it outside to wash and take pictures. Right now I know I need a visor, rear bumper, side view mirrors, seats, and lots of money to do this restoration, So far the wife is happy and so am I as I do not think it has sunk in yet. I would love to do an article on the bus so lets talk,
Ken
Ken Ehrenhofer is offline   Reply With Quote