View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 06:57 PM   #265
Fred K-OR

Default Re: Model A Huckster Group

[[email protected];1574258]This Model A hobby sometimes forces you to drink as a new hobby. Now I have to find a liquor store that sells I W Harper Bourbon.

I built mine from the plans from Wagon Works but I had to make it into a cab and a half to allow my long legs. It was a lot of fun and I made literally wheel barrow loads of wood shavings and saw dust for our garden mulch. I had help on obtaining the parts from my local club member friends but I did 99% of the restoration all by my lonesome. Now that I know what I am doing I should build another one. I retired this past July and I am burning through my "honey do" lists so it is a possiblity. But battling with the Illinois Secretary of State's office with getting a license and title for it has sort of soured me on going through that process again.
Dave[/QUOTE\

When I took my huckster into the DMV office here in Oregon, I had a book full of all the stuff I did to it and where I got all the stuff. They didn't question me at all. Just gave me my title and license and even the gal at the counter, wanted to take a picture of it. But my neighbor purchased a pickup and went into another DMV office and they gave him a bad time. He then went to another DMV office and got the job done. So suggestion may be if you have problem again, try another office of your DMV
You had better get started building another one. Your wife will run out of Honey do's soon and you will be always in trouble with her. "takes one to know one"

Fred
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote