View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #10
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: 1930 Ford Sheetmetal Work

Nice work and nice narrative (--albeit a little crude with some of the unnecessary foul language!!!). Thanks for sharing.

You are correct that in most instances the commercially available patch panels are indeed junk. While I did not see it mentioned, I am sure you also found those inner fender patches did not have the correct shape stamped into them, nor is the beads like the originals. Truly sad for all the effort that goes into this area. I'm sure that you will probably fabricate those next time too just so you can make them look closer to original. I guess that is why they say "experience is something you get after you need it!" Next time your experience will let you be able to tell the customer that he will need to let you make them yourselves!!

On a side note if you don't mind me asking, did you do this project on a 'Time & Materials' cost to him, ...or did you quote a turn-key price for the whole project beforehand, --and if so, would you do it for the same price again now that you know what all was involved??

Again, nice job & thanks for sharing. (...and BTW, I could not get your website to open.)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote