View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 12:29 AM   #176
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: carburetor 13/32 deep well socket

Quote:
Originally Posted by haag1332 View Post
Obviously time for an update.

This project has proven to be a bit more time and tooling consuming than originally thought.

We decided to run 150 pieces minimum for the first run. I have all but the last 20 or so broached. Due to work, racing season, family and other reasons, I have not made the progress I thought I would make.

At this point I am considering finishing the broaching, then hardening, quench and temper, and not doing the stamping which will no doubt take considerable time.

If I skip the stamping I should be able to have the sockets done in the next few weeks.

Hopefully everyone is ok with this, and I assure you the functionality of the finished product will be above expectations.

Should you have any questions please post to this thread, or pm/email me directly.

Hope all is well.

Bill
I'd be overjoyed with socket stamped or not. As a matter of fact if it is un-stamped it would still standout as special since all the others in the tool box are stamped.

Last edited by Mike V. Florida; 05-05-2015 at 12:42 AM.
Mike V. Florida is offline   Reply With Quote