View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 11:20 PM   #145
haag1332

Default Re: carburetor 13/32 deep well socket

Hi All,

Minor update on the sockets.

Obviously the biggest part of this project is broaching the 13/32 hex end of the sockets. Using the broach I had made, I was able to broach 65 of the sockets before the broach wear tolerance was such that the finish clearance for the socket was not acceptable.

I have two new broaches on the way, but will not have them until Monday of next week. Once I receive the broaches I can finish the remaining blanks and get ready for the next part of the process.

The 13/32 broaching process has gone as well as expected even though I had hoped the tooling would last more than 65 pieces.

In any event, once the 13/32 broaching is complete we will move on to the inside bore of the sockets for clearance on the gav housing tube, then some finish turning on the outside followed by stamping the identification on the barrels of the sockets.

I know everyone is probably anxious to get these things in hand, but it will be a few weeks yet, due to scheduling and such before I can have these things complete and ready to ship.

Thank you all for your interest, and hopefully patience at this point. The project is moving, but possibly not quite as quick as everyone including myself would like.

Hope everyone is doing well, and as always, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have regarding this project.

Thank you,

Bill
haag1332 is offline   Reply With Quote