View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 03:28 AM   #29
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Removing side mount tires-how ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. L. Chauvin View Post
Mr. Terry,

Thanks for your response & your sharing details of what I think is very important authentic information. Even though the present carrier is riveted with what seems to be a good riveting job, I found this spare tire/no cotter pin hole extremely odd in that all new replacement nuts offered are made to have cotter pin holes.

The former (20) year owner in 1996 said this Town Sedan had new upholstery and new paint from the former (10) year owner; but everything else was original. I can see where when original, it was all black but now is green. With (30) years prior to my buying it in 1996, this fits your mentioned Mr. Tommy Trailer's manufacturing time frame.

With your detailed information, this could be a reproduction spare tire carrier.

Thanks.
Adding to this, the bracket is riveted to the frame, -which could indeed be original, yet the support carrier arm could have been replaced along the way.

Also, is it possible the threaded section of your arm has had a few of the threads cut-off or removed to shorten it? An easy give-away on that would be to look for a drilled center of the carrier where it would have been centered during the original threading operation.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote