View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #9
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: How to remove the U-Joint from my Trans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
Are you guys sure he's pulled the torque tube/rearend back?
You know, you've brought up a legitimate point, and one that remains a pet peeve of mine especially here on The 'Barn.....people asking questions or looking for guidance that aren't savvy-enough to include even the minimum amount of basic background information for a responder to be able to get a reasonably-complete picture of the problem situation. Heck, some of the "sharper" ones can't even remember to include the year and type of vehicle in question. I know that I have a difficult time trying to help determine what type of widget might work for a guy if he doesn't let us know which sort of vehicle he's trying to glue it onto. At the least, let us know your thoughts on what you may, or may not have accomplished so far relating to the question at hand. For instance, "I've removed my '47 Ford torque tube, but I can't figure how to remove the U-Joint." That's almost as bad as the ones that start a thread asking the type of question that results in a myriad of subjective answers, at best. Goober doesn't get an answer that suits his fancy and starts another repetitive thread a couple of months down the line wishin' & hopin' for an answer more in agreement with his desires. Common sense and situational awareness must come into play at some point. Ya can't just "wish" answers to be what you're hoping for. I'm done! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote